With the help of this blog GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. is going to tell you about Open State Quota counselling. GLN Admission Pvt. Ltd. is working in the field of counselling since 12 years and provides counselling without any donation. If there is any kind of issue related to the content you can comment to me on my Website. I assure you to rectify the error and upload it on my Webpage. We have explained only about the Open Quota in this book, apart from this for MCC, state quota, central pool quota I have prepared a separate e – book. You can visit my official website or click on the link given in the description box to access the full details. Now, let us understand about the open quota counselling.
What is Open Quota Counselling?
In some states, only the candidates of the same state can take admission in Government and Private Medical College in MBBS/BDS seats, but there are 13 states in which the candidates from other states can take admissions in Private Medical Colleges in MBBS/BDS seats. These are called Open States. Admission are given on the merit basis on NEET Score. Candidates of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Haryana states take admissions under Open Quota because the cut off of Government Medical Colleges goes very high and the fees of the Private Medical Colleges are also very high.
Information about Open States:
Let us take the 13 Open states and understand about them in detail:
- Karnataka: Candidates who do not get chance to take admission in the Government Medical College of their state opt for Private Medical Colleges of Karnataka. The quality of education at Karnataka is quite good and the fees of Private Medical College are Rs. 9 Lacs/year so, it will become the priority of candidates. St. Johan Medical College is a Private Medical College which have Rs. 6 Lacs/year fees but the cut off of this college goes higher than the Government Medical Colleges. The cut off of the Private Medical College is drop by 25 – 30 Marks every year.
- Kerala: In Private Medical Colleges of Kerala 15% seats are reserved under All India Quota and candidates from across India can take admission. Before 2019 there was no other quota for the admissions in Private Medical Colleges but after the judgement given by the honourable Supreme Court there is 15% All India Quota was provided in the Private Medical Colleges in Kerala. There are 19 Private Medical Colleges with 2200 Medical seats, out of these 333 seats are reserved for the candidates coming from the candidates out of Kerala state. This quota seat is has a fees of around Rs. 5 – 7 Lacs/year. Low fees in the Private Medical colleges is the main reason for opting Kerala as a priority after Karnataka by the candidates seeking admissions.
- Tripura: There is one Private Medical College having 100 seats. This is an Open state where 20 seats are reserved for the candidates of the same state. The good quality medical education is the reason for opting Tripura as preferred state after Karnataka and Kerala. The fees of this college is Rs. 9 Lacs/year. The distance of the college is the reason of the low cut off by 50 – 60 Marks. At times the cut off could be lowered by 80 Marks.
- Chhattisgarh: Chhattisgarh is an Open State. The Private Medical College has 50% Management Quota Seat where candidates from other states can take admission under this quota. In every college out of 150 seats 63 seats are for the candidates coming from other states. The fees is around 9 Lacs/year but the fees of a year should be given as bank guarantee. The state cut off is less than the All India Quota cut off by 55 – 60 Marks.
- West Bengal: There are 6 Private Medical Colleges having 700 seats in total. This is an Open state and the candidates coming from across India can take admission in the Private Medical Colleges of this state under Management Quota. The Tuition fees is around 9 .50 – 13 Lacs/year. The Hostel and other fees are extra. The Bank Guarantee is around Rs. 20 – 64 Lacs as per the college. The cut off under this quota is less than the All India Quota by 70 – 80 Marks.
- Uttar Pradesh: There are 24 Private Medical Colleges having 3300 seats in total. This is an Open state and 3300 seats are open for the all the candidates coming from different states of the country. The fees (Tuition + Hostel + Security) is around 15 Lacs. Due to high fee the cut off is in between 150 – 200.
- Uttarakhand: There are 2 Private Medical Colleges having 300 seats in the state. This is an Open State and candidates across country can take admission and this quota is known as All India Management Quota. Tuition Fees is around 13.22 – 15 Lacs/year. Hostel and other fees is extra. Due to high fees structure the cut off is generally low.
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu is an Open State. The seats of the Private Medical Colleges are open for the candidates coming from across India. The fees of the college are Rs. 12.50 Lacs/year. The Hostel and Other fees are extra. There are 15 Private Medical Colleges having 2100 seats. Due to high fees structure the cut off is generally low.
- Telangana: Telangana is an Open State. There are 22 Private Medical College having 3150 in total. The candidates can take admission in Category B that is a Management Quota from across India. The fees is Rs. 14 Lacs/year.
- Bihar: There are 6 Private Medical Colleges having 700 seats in total. Under the Management Quota candidates across India can take admission. Due to shortage of seats the cut off and the fees is generally high.
- Andhra Pradesh: There are 17 Private Medical Colleges having 2650 seats in total. As Andhra Pradesh is an Open state candidates from across India can take admissions. The Fees of Category B i.e. Management Quota is Rs. 13, 37, 057/- p.a. and for BDS it is Rs. 5, 46, 978/- p.a.
- Pondicherry: There are 3 Private Medical Colleges having 450 seats in total. Pondicherry is an Open State. In the Private Medical College seats candidates from other states can take admission. The fee of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research is Rs. 16 Lacs/year.
- Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh is a Semi – Open State. In the Government Medical Colleges of Madhya Pradesh only the candidates of the state can take admission but for Private Medical College candidates from other states can also take admission if the seats remains vacant after the allotment to the state candidates. From past 2 – 3 years it had been observed that the seats of the Private Medical Colleges could not be remained vacant for the candidates of the other states. The seats were allotted to the candidates of other states in 2016, but not after that. But the candidates can opt for Madhya Pradesh in their preference list and if the seats remain vacant after the allotment then they would get a chance to get a seat.
Under this article we will discuss about Karnataka, Kerala and Tripura in detail. We will discuss about the seat Matrix, Fees, Cut off, etc. The remaining 10 states has been provided in the State Quota Counselling Book. So Lets start with Karnataka: