Candidates whose parents are working in the Government or Private sector company/industry/institute where there is the minimum strength of employees is 10 or more than 10 are insured by the company and are known as Insured Person or IP. The treatment of these insured employees is done by ESIC Hospital and the college which is attached to these Hospitals is called ESIC Medical College. In these ESIC Medical Colleges there is a quota known as ESIC Quota and the candidates whose parents are insured under the ESIC schemes have a valid identity card and the only those candidates are eligible for applying under this quota.
You can also get confirm from your parents that whether their insurance is deposited under ESIC or not, so that you can be benefitted under this quota as the selection is done even if you get low marks.
The insured people who have deposited insurance for 5 years comes under Group – I, for 4 years Group – II, for 3 years Group – III. The priority is given to the Group – I before Group – II after this to the Group – III.
In India there are 9 Medical Colleges of ESIC and 1 Dental College which is located at Gulbarga, Karnataka. In these college admissions are done on NEET score. There are three types of Quota for admissions in ESIC namely:
- All India Quota (under this all the students are eligible. Its cut off is already discussed in AIQ)
- ESI Quota (under this only those students whose parents are Insured person under ESIC are eligible i.e. beholder of ward of IP certificate.
- Stare Quota (under this all the candidates who are living in the particular state are eligible)
Category wise seat matrix for All India Quota is provided below:
|Total Seats||All India Quota Category wise seat distribution||Total|
|Name of ESIC Medical College||State||Eastab .||Total Seats||G N||P H||OB C||P H||S C||SC P H||S T||ST P H|
|ESIC Medical College, Faridabad||Haryana||2015||100||10||0||2||0||2||0||1||0||15|
|ESIC Medical College, Bangalore||Karnataka||2012||100||8||0||4||0||2||0||1||0||15|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Gulbarga||Karnataka||2013||100||7||1||3||0||3||0||1||0||15|
|ESI-PGIMSR,ESI Hospital,K.K Nagar,Chennai||Tamil Nadu||2013||100||8||0||4||0||2||0||1||0||15|
|Government Medical College & ESIC Hospital, Coimbatore, TamilNadu||Tamil Nadu||2016||100||7||0||4||0||2||1||1||0||15|
|ESIC Medical College, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad||Telangana||2016||100||8||0||4||0||2||0||1||0||15|
|ESIC Medical College, Joka, Kolkata||West Bengal||2013||100||6||0||3||1||3||0||2||0||15|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shashri Medical College Mandi Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||2017||120||11||1||0||0||2||0||1||0||15|
|Government Medical College Kollam||Kerala||2017||110||11||0||0||0||3||0||1||0||15|
Category wise seat for ESIC Quota:
|Total Seats||ESIC Quota Category wise seat distribution||Total||State Quota|
|Name of ESIC Medical College||State||Eastab.||Total Seats||GN||PH||OBC||PH||SC||SC PH||ST||ST PH|
|ESIC Medical College, Faridabad||Haryana||2015||100||17||1||10||5||2||35||50|
|ESIC Medical College, Bangalore||Karnataka||2012||100||22||1||10||2||7||3||45||40|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Gulbarga||Karnataka||2013||100||22||12||1||6||4||45||40|
|ESI-PGIMSR,ESI Hospital,K.K Nagar,Chennai||Tamil Nadu||2013||100||10||1||5||3||1||20||65|
|Government Medical College & ESIC Hospital, Coimbatore, TamilNadu||Tamil Nadu||2016||100||13||3||3||1||20||65|
|ESIC Medical College, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad||Telangana||2016||100||17||1||10||5||2||35||50|
|ESIC Medical College, Joka, Kolkata||West Bengal||2013||100||26||13||7||1||5||52||33|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shashri Medical College Mandi Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||2017||120||14||1||7||1||4||1||2||30||75|
|Government Medical College Kollam||Kerala||2017||110||19||7||5||1||2||1||35||60|
Category Wise NEET 2019 cut off for ESIC Quota
|Total Seats||ESIC Quota Category wise NEET 2019 Cutoff|
|Name of ESIC Medical College||AIR||Mks||AIR||MKS||AIR||MKS||AIR||MKS||AIR||MKS|
|ESIC Medical College, Faridabad||33691||529||60666||482||124513||404||334234||257|
|ESIC Medical College, Bangalore||41193||514||154702||376||48865||501||197137||341||781867||118|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Gulbarga||57966||486||64996||475||263660||296|
|ESI-PGIMSR,ESI Hospital,K.K Nagar,Chennai||42278||512||204445||336||50011||499||244448||308|
|Government Medical College & ESIC Hospital, Coimbatore, TamilNadu||34132||528||37051||522||251502||304|
|ESIC Medical College, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad||49212||500||60369||482||132599||396||686552||137|
|ESIC Medical College, Joka, Kolkata||65183||475||72783||464||293667||279|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shashri Medical College Mandi Himachal Pradesh||66411||473||EWS||466||748888||461||251574||304||674291||140|
|Government Medical College Kollam||25102||547||29464||537||196233||342|
How to take admission under ESIC Quota:
Counselling for ESIC Quota is conducted by MCC. After the announcement of NEET result visit the official webpage of MCC and click on the check box of ESIC. MCC conducts a three round counselling under ESIC Quota. Candidates who wish to take admission under this quota must have ward of IP certificate, only then they can apply under this quota.
How to make ward of IP certificates:
After the NEET exams candidates have to visit the website i.e. www.esic.nic.in and click on the student link there. Here a online form that is to be filled by the candidates and a hard copy of the filled form with the signature of IP and candidates are to be deposited to the address of the nearby ESIC head office that has been mentioned in the print out form. The certificate must be collected by the candidates on time.
Below mentioned are the photocopies of the documents required to be self attested and must be attached to the print out of the form. These documents are of the parents of the candidates:
Relevant under ESI
- Two Passport size photographs of IP
- Copy of ESI card
- Copy of documents in r/o employee/IP
- Copy of Proof
Candidate in receipt of Dependent’s benefit
IP in receipt of PDB of 40% or more
- Copy of Affidavits for female candidates as per Annexure – 4 and 5
Below mentioned is the list of document needs to be submitted:
Relevant to Candidate (Ward of IP)
- Two Passport sized photographs of the ‘Ward of IP’ (Candidate)
- Copy of NEET Admit card containing NEET Roll No. of 2020 exam
- Copy of Proof of Residence.
- Copy of School Certificate for proof of Date of Birth/ Birth Certificate
- Copy of Senior Secondary School Certificate (+2)
Final /Provisional/ Not Available (in case of ward of IP certificate is applied for, before declaration of result of (+2)
- Copy of SC/ST/OBC/PH certificate from the ‘Appropriate Authority’ as specified in the NEET Brochure.
- Copy of EWS certificate from the ‘Appropriate Authority’.
After the allotment of the seat the following documents are to deposited to the Medical College:
- ESIC Identity Card.
- Secondary School Certificate which must bear Date of Birth or Birth Certificate.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (+2). Provisional if final has not been issued.
- Admit card for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 (NEET UG – 2019)
- Score card (NEET – 2019) with Rank Position i.e. All India Rank.
- ‘Ward of Insured Person’ Certificate from competent authority. (Annexure – 3 (A), 3 (B) as applicable)
- SC/ST/OBC/PH certificate is applicable ; and in the format as NEET 2020 Brochure. The PH certificate would be subjected to verification by competent ESIC board, if required.
- EWS certificate by Appropriate Authority.
For Female Candidates Only:
- Affidavit by candidate as per Annexure – 4
- Affidavit by IP as per Annexure – 5