Chandigarh is a Union Territory and the Government Medical College & Hospital conduct counselling and allot seat for MBBS Course. The Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh is affiliated to Punjab University. There are two quota i.e. All India Quota in which MCC conducts the counselling process and Chandigarh state pool quota in which the Government Medical College and Hospital does the counselling. NEET UG 2019 category wise cut off, tuition fee, hostel fee is provided below in the table.
|Name of the Medical College||Estb. Year||Total Seats||AIQ Seats||Central Pool Quota Seat||NRI||Chandigarh Pool Quota 115 seats||Tuition Fee||Hostel Fee|
|Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh||1991||150||23||03||09||92||17||06||25000||975|
NEET 2019 cut off for Chandigarh Pool Quota for General Category- 92 seats, AIR- 8710, Marks- 561
Eligibility Criteria for taking admission under Chandigarh Pool Quota
Candidates who have done their secondary and senior secondary schooling from a school-based at Chandigarh or the candidates whose parents reside in Chandigarh from last 5 years or the candidates whose parents are the employees of state/central government are eligible to take part in the Pool Quota.
How to take admission under state quota
After the announcement of NEET Result 2020 Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh releases the prospectus wherein the candidates have to fill the online Application form for counselling in MBBS/BDS Courses. The Registration fee for UR category is Rs. 1000 and for SC/ST Rs. 500. The official website is www.gemh.gov.in where the candidates can log in and submit the online application form. First-round, second round and mop up round for the purpose of counselling are conducted by Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh.
Original Certificates/Documents required at the time of counselling:
- Print out of the online application form duly affixing passport size photo with signature at declaration area.
- Original NEET-UG 2020 Admit card
- Original NEET-UG 2020 Scorecard
- SSC Certificate or Equivalent Examination showing the Date of Birth of the candidate.
- Applicable certificate for candidates applying against UT Chandigarh Pool Seats.
- Identity Proof (Adhaar Card, etc)
- Intermediate of Chandigarh or its equivalent examination with 10+2 pattern.
- Documents to be attached as per the checklist with the print out of application form for MBBS/BDS course for Foreign students (NRI) candidate.
- Receipt of the payment of application fee.
- Undertaking/Affidavit that the candidate has not opted or claimed benefit of residence in any other state/UT other than Chandigarh
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Minority certificate issued by the minority welfare department/concerned authority
- Differently-abled (PH) certificate, if applicable
- Two sets of photocopies of all the certificates with attestation.