AFMC is located in Pune, Maharashtra. It is affiliated to Maharashtra Institute of Health Sciences. It ranks in the top 5 Medical Institute of the country. The seat bifurcation and cut off of 2019 is provided below in the table:
|College||Run||Seat||Seat For||Cutoff 2019||Cutoff 2018||Cutoff 2017||Cutoff 2016|
In the above mentioned seats 10 seats are reserved for SC/ST Candidates.
How to take admission in AFMC:
After the announcement of the NEET result students have to register on MCC website. Select the AFMC box option provided on the website. For admission in AFMC a candidate have to do the registration on the MCC website only and the counselling is done by the AFMC authority. A List of registered candidates on MCC website is provided by the MCC to the AFMC. The role of MCC ends here and the further admission process is carried out on the AFMC counterpart.
- The list of candidates received by AFMC by MCC have the name of 1750 candidates as per the merit out of this there are 1170 boys and 580 girls names were published. The cut off that I have mentioned earlier is the cut off for these 1750 candidates.
- Now these 1750 candidates have to go through a test in which subjects like English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning ( ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Exam are included.
- The test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR) conducted by AFMC is a computer Based Test (CBT). This test contains 40 MCQ’s which are 2 Marks each i.e. the total test would be of 80 Marks. There is negative marking of 0.5 Marks for every incorrect answer. The Duration of the test is 30 Minutes.
- The NEET Exam is of 720 Marks and the 80 Marks are of test conducted by AFMC. The total Marks of these papers would be 800. The complete paper is divided into 4 parts of 200 Marks each. The Total Marks of NEET and the marks of AFMC (ToELR) is added and divided into 4 parts and given to the candidates. The merit is also prepared on the basis of these marks. After all this there is an interview of 50 Marks. The marks of interview are added to these marks and Final Merit list is prepared and seat allotment is done on the basis of this merit list.
Important Points to be noted for AFMC:
- Candidates who complete their MBBS course from AFMC have to serve Armed Forces as Commissioned Officer, failing to which the candidates have to deposit the amount of the Bond that had been filled at the time of admission.
- For getting admission in AFMC it mandatory for a candidate to be physically fit. The height criteria for male candidates is 157 cm and 152 for girls. For Hills and North State the height for male could be 152 cm and 147 for female.
- Chest expansion should be 5 cm.
Note: IT is advised to the candidates to visit the official website of AFMC i.e. www.afmc.nic.in and download the Information Brochure and read it carefully before applying to AFMC.